view interface definition

General discussions about working with the Astrobe IDE and programming ARM Cortex-M0, M3, M4 and M7 microcontrollers.
steve64

view interface definition

Post by steve64 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:03 pm

The documentation states "double-click on the name of an IMPORT to open the source code or interface definition file of the imported module." but I don't see how to open such an "interface definition" view.

cfbsoftware
Site Admin

Re: view interface definition

Post by cfbsoftware » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:39 pm

Oops - that's a hangover in the documentation from previous versions when we didn't include source code with the Personal Edition. We used to include 'Definition' modules instead. They are text files that just show the public consts, types, vars and procedures in a module. They were not compilable - they were just included as a convenient alternative to refer to instead of having to look up the library definitions in the PDF documentation. When we started to include the full source code instead we changed the double-click action so that it only looked for *.mod files.

Unfortunately the fact that we still supply two definition files with the system seems to have been overlooked. These are the special modules SYSTEM and MAU which are internal to the compiler so no source code exists. The file open dialog still defaults to file types *.mod, *.def so they will appear and can be opened from there. However, I believe they should really open when you double-click on them so I'll add the reinstatement of that feature to our todo list.

steve64

Post by steve64 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:45 pm

ok, thanks for clarification and fix this in next releases

cfbsoftware
Site Admin

Post by cfbsoftware » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:05 am

This has been fixed in the v6.4.3 maintenance releases.