HCFiler for Cortex-M4

General discussions about working with the Astrobe IDE and programming ARM Cortex-M0, M3, M4 and M7 microcontrollers.
Helpdesk

HCFiler for Cortex-M4

Post by Helpdesk » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:09 am

what are the likelyhood of your HCFiler software running OK on the Nucleo-STM32L432KC ? I have only found HCFiler posted for the M3 on the Forums. I'm guessing the code's likely to work, but again thought I'd better ask first in case you've already tried it on M4.

cfbsoftware
Site Admin

Re: HCFiler for Cortex-M4

Post by cfbsoftware » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:29 am

Initial attempts to port the M3 HCFiler code to M4 were unsuccessful because of SPI incompatibilities. However, now that HCFiler is running on Astrobe for Cortex-M7 systems we tried that as the starting point for an M4 version as the implementation of SPI on the Nucleo-L432KC is more compatible with the Nucleo-L767 than the Nucleo-L152. That was a great success - only the SPI clock configuration and pin assignments in the main test programs needed to be changed. The core modules (HCDrive, SPI1, HCDir and HCFiles) are identical for both.

HCFiler running on the Nucleo-L432KC uses the following pin assignments:

Code: Select all

------------------------  
    Nucleo-32   SDCard
    ---------   -------
    +3V3        VCC
    GND         Gnd 
    PA11 D10    CS 
    PB5  D11    MOSI1
    PB4  D12    MISO1
    PB3  D13    SCK1
    ------------------------ 
The examples for the Nucleo-L432KC and all the other STM32 Nucleo boards now supported are included in v7.0 of Astrobe for Cortex-M4.