A microSD card adapter for the Arty board

General discussions about using the Astrobe IDE to program the FPGA RISC5 cpu used in Project Oberon 2013
cfbsoftware
Site Admin

A microSD card adapter for the Arty board

Post by cfbsoftware » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:18 am

I spent ages searching for a suitable Pmod-compatible MicroSD card adapter to use with the Arty board. The best I could find was from WaveShare but I had to use it upside-down (i.e. with the adapter on the underside of the board). However, I managed to persuade one of our Astrobe users to design a board and I am very impressed with the results. You can see some photos and order them from here:

http://opus-two.myshopify.com/products/ ... uation-kit

To use it with the embedded Project Oberon SPI SD card driver you will need to make the following pin assignments for the Pmod header JA in the Arty.xdc file:

Code: Select all

set_property -dict { PACKAGE_PIN G13   IOSTANDARD LVCMOS33 } [get_ports { SS[0]   }]; #IO_0_15 Sch=ja[1]
set_property -dict { PACKAGE_PIN B11   IOSTANDARD LVCMOS33 } [get_ports { MOSI[0] }]; #IO_L4P_T0_15 Sch=ja[2]
set_property -dict { PACKAGE_PIN A11   IOSTANDARD LVCMOS33 } [get_ports { MISO[0] }]; #IO_L4N_T0_15 Sch=ja[3]
set_property -dict { PACKAGE_PIN D12   IOSTANDARD LVCMOS33 } [get_ports { SCLK[0] }]; #IO_L6P_T0_15 Sch=ja[4]