Syntax Colouring Limit?

General discussions about working with the Astrobe IDE and programming ARM Cortex-M0, M3, M4 and M7 microcontrollers.
gray

Syntax Colouring Limit?

Post by gray » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:20 pm

Commenting out a block of code with nested comments, I seem to have run into a limitation of the syntax colouring related to comments, see screenshot. It's purely "cosmetic", as the compiler recognises the comments correctly.
Capture.PNG
Screenshot Editor
Capture.PNG (9.289999999999999 KiB) Viewed 25629 times

cfbsoftware
Site Admin

Re: Syntax Colouring Limit?

Post by cfbsoftware » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:29 pm

We did only allow for two levels of nested comments when we designed the syntax-colouring feature of Astrobe. If you want to increase this limit to three levels, unzip the attached file and replace the corresponding file, Oberon.xml, in the Program Files folder where your Astrobe executable is located. Your example will then be coloured as you expected it to be.
Attachments
OberonXML.zip
Oberon Syntax-Colouring Definition file
(1.63 KiB) Downloaded 1053 times

gray

Post by gray » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:02 am

Thanks! However, I do not get this working OMM, ie. I still see the same colouring as before. I replaced the file and restarted Astrobe. Do I need to reset any preference setting? I still have the personal edition installed in addition to the professional one -- could this interfere?

cfbsoftware
Site Admin

Post by cfbsoftware » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:38 pm

Make sure you are logged in as an administrator when you copy the file - Windows doesn't like you manually storing files in the Program Files folder. Double-check that it has replaced the original. Replace the copy in the Program Files folder for your Personal Edition as well just to make sure.

Alternatively, if it is still not working rename the new file OberonCustom.xml and store that in your Program Files folders. Astrobe should read that one first.

gray

Post by gray » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:54 am

Thanks. Renaming the file as advised does the trick.