Follow these instructions to get started by building a simple example application written in the Oberon programming language to run on your mbed:
1. Download and Install the mbed Windows serial port driver and use Windows Control panel to set the speed of your USB COM port to 38400 baud.
2. Connect your mbed board to a spare USB port on your PC.
3. Start Astrobe v5 and select Open from the Astrobe File menu to open the source code example info.mod located in your AstrobeM3-v5.0\Examples\LPC1769\LPCXpresso folder
4. Select Open from the Configuration menu and open the LPC1769.ini configuration file. Check that the following options are set:
Code: Select all
Target: LPC1768 Crystal Frequency: 12000000 Heap Start: 10000200H (Default) Heap Limit: 0 (Default) Upload Type: USB Drive USB Drive Folder: <the drive name of your mbed device e.g. H:>
6. Select Upload USB Drive from the Astrobe Run menu to upload your executable file to the mbed .
7. Select Run from the Astrobe Run menu to open the Astrobe terminal window
8. Click on the Reset button on the Terminal window
9. Press the mbed Reset button and you should see the output from the info example displayed in the terminal window